Re: [MiNT] Problem with mint 1.16 installation

On Tue, 2005-06-14 at 00:11 +0200, Frank Naumann wrote:

> As the XaAES is a kernel module and thus part of the kernel it's for sure
> fully legal to manipulate caches. I aggree with Ozk that it's much better
> and more user friendly if no TSR is needed, e.g. the TSR is the bigger
> hack of the two alternatives (and will for sure lead to much more
> confusion).

I think the issue here is that the AES shouldn't compensate for a
problem in a single driver when it isn't an AES problem.  Which is worse
- change the code for everyone that it works perfectly fine for, or have
the relatively few people with a problem install a hack to fix it?

I don't know the "right" answer.  I'm a bit confused as to why the cache
isn't transparent in the first place.  Is the cache caching some memory
mapped hardware or something?  I'm wondering if there isn't some third
alternative.

-- Evan