Re: [MiNT] Problem with mint 1.16 installation

 Hello Holger,

tor, 09,.06.2005 kl. 17.12 +0200, skrev Holger Schreiner:
> Hallo,
> i try in this day to install Freemint 1.16.1 with xaaes on my Hades.
> In the Moment where xaaes start,  the screen of my hades goes black.
> In the config-file of Xaaes the Video-Mode must be set ?. I try it with
> "video = 1 " and "video = 60" because I think that "1" is the Standard
> and "60" ist True Color with 1280x1024.
> I have a ATI 8MB Graphik-Card.

 I think I know what the problem here is, and have attempted to fix it.
The problem is that when the video-driver switch the resolution
(programming the Rage) whithout disabling the 060 caches, you end up
with black screen. I had this problem with the ET6K I had in my Hades.
However, the latest XaAES (as found in the CVS) turns the caches off
before calling v_opnwk()/v_clswk(), and this should cure it. I dont have
a binary for you right now, because I'm doing extreme changes atm. If
you cannot compile your own XaAES, can anyone here help provide a binary
for him? Thanks! ;-)

 Best regards
Odd Skancke