Re: [MiNT] New AES keyboard messages

The basic idea is, that on lowest level, all keys on Atari keyboard are the same (maybe with exception of Caps Lock, but I'm unsure of that), ie, on lov level there is no difference wether we push SHIFT
or R or F1 or UNDO.

My idea is to return rather scancodes then ascii codes. Not raw scancodes - it should be inteligent enough to send the same code for (for example) Z key, no matter what keyboard (German, UK, US) is
used.

This is even a must, if this ever has to work with any other type of the
keyboard than the Atari keyboard. F.e. AT keyboards don't send single
make and break scancodes, but rather send specific (and of variable
length) scancode sequences instead. This obviously cannot be sent
directly to the AES, I'd rather think about mapping to Atari scancodes
first, as you write.

PS. Please fix finally that darn reply-to, I tried several e-mail
clients, and I didn't manage to meet any that could work properly with
this list.

--
CVV
Konrad M.Kokoszkiewicz, http://draco.atari.org

** Ea natura multitudinis est,
** aut seruit humiliter, aut superbe dominatur.
** Taka to już natura pospólstwa, albo służalczo się płaszczy,
** albo bezczelnie się panoszy. (Liwiusz XXIV, 25).