Re: [MiNT] New AES keyboard messages

Adam Kłobukowski wrote:
Evan K. Langlois napisał(a):

On Thu, 2005-03-31 at 07:48 +0200, Adam Kłobukowski wrote:

That is the basic idea, but note that I wish that Shift, Control, Alt to be reported like other keys, so application could know that Shift, Alt, Control are pressed alone.

Oh yeah.  In the proposed hack^h^h^h^h "interface modification", the
KEYSTATE event would report the status of the "modifier" keys as well.
You wouldn't get the ascii equivalent, but you'd get the scancode in the
key portion and the status of the keys in the usual place, when they go
up or down.

Why do you call that solution a hack? Is there anything unclean here?

I think Evan has already demonstrated that he's unqualified to render meaningful design feedback. Just ignore him for now, maybe in a few years when he actually has a clue he could offer something useful.

--
  -- Howard Chu