Re: [MiNT] Fopen() and cache

Evan K. Langlois wrote:

On Wed, 2005-03-23 at 16:57 +0100, Olivier Landemarre wrote:

In fact if I refer to the desktop, after quit the program, if I update U:\PROC\ folder I can see that the software stop and is remove (I suppose desktop use Dopendir() - Dreadir(), so list is updated correctly), but it is not true for Fopen or Fsfirst(), as I can test, it's strange no?
This sounds like a bug that needs to be squashed then. If opendir/readdir doesn't find it, then open shouldn't either. Even if the desktop doesn't reap its children, these calls should return consistent information.

I have do a new test and I confirm this small problem, here part of source code

if(Pkill(client->Mint_ID,0)!=0) /* to know if software is alive */
{    long idapp; char fspec[50];

/* if here the software doesn't exist */
   sprintf(fspec,"U:\\PROC\\%s.%03d",client->app_name,client->Mint_ID);
   idapp=Fopen(fspec,2);
   if(idapp>0L)
   {
printf("Error %s find\n",fspec); /* should never be here but it is! */
       Fclose(idapp);
       Cconin();
   }
}

In this case the error message is print on screen, it should never be possible because the software have already quit
Olivier