Re: [MiNT] FreeMiNT 1.16.1 beta release

on Sat 16-10-2004 08:37 Martin Tarenskeen wrote:

>Good work !
>
>>> - Boxkite 2.15 won't work if started prior to MiNT from the AUTO-folder.
>>> - Internal fileselector is buggy (lacks drive buttons).
>>
>> For XaAES no external fileselectors are supported yet. What's wrong with the
>> internal fileselector? It have for sure a drive selection at the top of the
>> dialog.
>
>I have the problem too. (Nothing new. The problem was already there with
>1.16.0) When I open a fileselector I don't see drive selection buttons. I
>have to do a lot of clicking and/or changing of drive with Ctrl+<Drive> to
>get the buttons to show up. Not a bad bug, but could be improved.

And so have I. There is no drive selection button visible. Once you know
the place were to click one get one, but in my case this doesn't help
me alot. The drives are not clickable and if the drive letter falls into
the file selection box the file/folder which lies underneath the letter
will be selected but not the drive letter itself.

Weird enough when the selector is called from Graftool, the drive
selector (still hidden though) behaves like expected but with all the
other programs I tried I get that bleeding through effect.

>I have tried starting Boxkite afterwards, from the desktop, and it works.
>Starting from xaaes.cnf might work also.

I tried this also and its works but ...
I get a very strange thing when I shutdown the system. For shutdown I
use the shutdown program as provided in the easyMiNT packages which I
installed a few days ago.
At shutdown I get this:
pid 69 (TASKBAR): halt: Coprocessor protocol violation
FATAL ERROR. You must reboot the system.

So far I only have seem this error with Boxkite in memory.

The worst thing for me is that Calamus SL 2003 refuse to work under
XaAES. pid 78 (CALAMUS): XaAES non-AES process issued AES system call
107, killing it.

Also for some reason launching ttp's writes to screen instead to the
console. As far as I know TOSWIN2 is properly installed:
launcher  = O:\opt\toswin2\tw-call.app
run O:\opt\toswin2\toswin2.app

The above works perfectly with N_AES 2.0.0

CU
Martin

http://www.againsttcpa.com  | In 2002 began the war for digital freedom
--

             ************Grüße vom Okami Newsreader************
             **     On the seventh day He created Atari      **