Re: [MiNT] System call bindings

Frank Naumann wrote:

Hello!

That's not the issue I meant :-)
The DTA is not used for long filenames. To search files using long filenames there exist new calls Dopendir(), Dreaddir(), Dclosedir(). Fsfirst() and Fsnext() which use the DTA structure should only be used for compatibility purposes. And I think a modern system supporting long filenames would never try to squeeze a long filename into a DTA structure (of which the system doesn't know if there is space for more than 14 characters.

No Mint support this! (not Magic) I use for for near 7 years with Pdomain(1)!

I can't aggree. FreeMiNT use opendir/readdir/closedir to emulate Fsfirst/Fsnext. And the readdir dispatch pass a buffer of 14 bytes down to the xfs and copy this over into the DTA buffer. I really wonder how you get long filenames through FreeMiNT Fsfirst/Fsnext.

Take a look on the implementation:

http://sparemint.atariforge.net/cgi-bin/cvsweb/freemint/sys/dosdir.c?rev=1.22&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup

Ok I see.

Why not copy directly name if Pdomain(1) thread is active, this will be more logical, is there any trouble with this?

Olivier