Re: [MiNT] System call bindings

Philipp Donzé wrote:

Hi,

- I found different implementations of DTA structure. "TOS.HYP", Atari compendium, "Profibuch" use the same types and names. Only mintlib uses a different approach by changing names and prefixes of the structure. I know, these bindings are old and obolete, but what's the use of having them implemented in a completely different manner than ANY document proposes? Make it difficult to port/compile old software with mintlib? ;-)

All DTA description I have see in libs are wrong (I not look in recent mintlib so perhaps correct), the name part, have alway's describe as char name[14] that's of course not work with long file name! I have correct this by simply
char name[255]

That's not the issue I meant :-)
The DTA is not used for long filenames. To search files using long filenames there exist new calls Dopendir(), Dreaddir(), Dclosedir(). Fsfirst() and Fsnext() which use the DTA structure should only be used for compatibility purposes. And I think a modern system supporting long filenames would never try to squeeze a long filename into a DTA structure (of which the system doesn't know if there is space for more than 14 characters.

No Mint support this! (not Magic) I use for for near 7 years with Pdomain(1)!

Olivier