Re: [MiNT] Shareable/loadable libraries: a preliminary document

Well,

The linux solution sounds the really good to me, but that's because I
have the most experience with Linux - It also solves all the problems at
hand with static linking and maybe some code can be pulled directly from
linux?  But the reality I think is that 4.2.2 sounds the best for us.
It sounds like it's a great balance between the amount of effort for
implementation versus the resulting benefit.  We have only one time
little static linking of crt1.o problem still.  We can simply beta test
the living hell out of it and hope the best ;-)  The most important
thing to me regardless of the solution is that it is completely
transparent to ported programs.  Software coming from primarily linux
development should compile and run dynamic with no problems.  I don't
know if you must use ld.so to do this or if the crt1.o idea is fine.
Personally I think if we can get the crt1.o....

I just thought about this more carefully.  Probably quite a bit of code
would reside in crt1.o.  I guess that would probably be a bad idea huh?

What do you guys think?

Thanks,
Mark

--