Re: [MiNT] fVDI issues

Hello!

> Well, no, I asked about advantages when compared with the idea of user-space
> AES libraries.

The AES routines and data are protected from the user programs, you don't
need a complex synchronization between the AES processes, and finally you
don't need a complex backward compatibility module the AES programs
that catch the trap#2 and redirect this to the user process (I'm sure that
most programmers want to run their programs on FreeMiNT and MagiC [and
some on TOS too]).

> The advantages you enumerated are (in my view) mostly similar
> for both, except that the size of the kernel would not be so dramatically
> enlarged.

You still need a complex synchronization, not to mention how you handle
global data.

> context). There would be no more problems with fork() done by a GEM program,
> I suppose, for example.

This is as the existing AES simply don't see the fork. The same is true
for the user level library you propose. I'm sure it's funny to see if an
application on fork duplicate all it's windows :-)

Ciao
   ...Frank

--
ATARI FALCON 040 // MILAN 060