Re: [MiNT] fVDI issues

> Speaking of that, I've not looked into if MiNT supports something like
> the 'process local storage' that can be found in some operating
> systems.

If I understand what you need: a device driver has a possibility to allocate
memory on the account of the calling process - with umalloc().

> Is there any documentation anywhere on how much space is guaranteed to
> be available on the system stack, by the way? Assuming a call from
> usermode, that is.

Don't know.

>>> It is not blocking anything.
>>
>> Petr, please, accept one thing: it is. Otherwise I wouldn't waste
>> the time
>
> Well, it depends on what you mean by 'fVDI blocking Cconws()'.  ;-)

I mean what I see: strings written with Cconws() don't appear on the screen.

> Perhaps the ARAnyM driver does something
> that somehow interferes with Cconws()?

Yes, Petr already made such a suggestion and it seems likely, that the
Aranym itself is responsible for that rather than fVDI. Nevertheless, this
is fVDI driver which (once loaded) causes this behaviour of the emulator.

> Well, you should not expect it to work after the physical workstation
> is opened,

Johan, please forget about workstations for the matter of this discuss. The
stuff being discussed happens LONG BEFORE any workstation is open.

> You might want to turn on some debug information in fVDI.

And it will be visible where?

--
CVV
Konrad M.Kokoszkiewicz, http://draco.atari.org

** Ea natura multitudinis est, aut seruit humiliter, aut superbe dominatur.
** Taka to już natura pospólstwa, albo służalczo się płaszczy,
** albo bezczelnie się panoszy. (T. Liuius XXIV, 25).