Re: [MiNT] N.AES and resolution changes

On Wed, 31 Dec 2003, Buras Mariusz wrote:

> Witam // Hi, Odd
>
> On 12/30/03, you wrote:
>

> > Hello all,
> >
> > I just want to ask what are peoples experiences with N.AES and N.ChRes.
> > Does it work reliably for anyone here? Changing resolutions does work
> > stable? With Memory Protection enabled?.
>
> It never worker for me on any machine. Especaly on Milan.

 For sure, these problems (quitting the AES trying to restart another AES
or changing resolutions) have always been a problem lying in the VDI. Most
VDI's look like they're written with a "ah well, user wont switch
resolution without rebooting anyway, so..." mentality. This will change
with oVDI ;-)

> > Reason I ask is that I have problems making this work under oVDI. It
> > changes resolution, and everything appears to be fine, but certain things
> > crash. Sometimes pulling down the 'extra' menu in Thing crash the machine.
> > Most of the times trying to opne 'extra->configuration' window in Thing
> > results in a killed AES. If I quit N.AES completely and restart it,
> > everything works like expected. Given the fact that quit/restart either
> > N.AES or XaAES works perfect and 100% stable (oVDI even switch back to a
> > monochrome resolution upon closing physical workstation), I'm not sure the
> > resolution change problems with n.aes is a oVDI problem.
> >
> > Any experiences on this area?
>
> As far as I remember N.Chres is really crap. Especialy from the user point
> of view.
> And As I wrote It never worked well.

 As said in a different posting, I think I found the problem. At least now
ChRes works perfect all the time. I can change from any to any resolution.

--
 Regards,

 Odd Skancke - ozk.atari.org - http://assemsoft.atari.org