Re: [MiNT] Problems with apache

On Mon, 15 Dec 2003, Guido Flohr wrote:

> You probably ran into a bug/feature of MSIE that does not display
> text/plain inline, because for Microsoft the MIME type text/plain is
> ambiguous:
>
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/networking/moniker/overview/appendix_a.asp

GASP!  Microsoft does not have bugs, only 'enhanced features.'  I would
be using Firebird more, but it does not like the PC I am using here for
some reason.

> ... that looks like you can at least sometimes reproduce the error on
> your system.

I am about to try to rebuild my current copy of Apache.  In the end, will
be Apache 1.3.29 with PHP 4.3.4, ModSSL 2.8.16, OpenSSL 0.9.6l (Need to
update the RPMs on Sparemint as well), and hopefully the Apache Perl
Module.  I still was unable to reproduce the error on my own though, which
is just wierd.  I do not have the server running right now.  About to make
another post about my apache build, see if it it worth it to make it an
RPM.....

> > Our systems basically are identical setups. The only other immediate
> > thought I had is some sort of cache is getting filled, and then output is
> > getting dumped.  From the above, it looks like it failed once for you, but
> > worked the second try, correct?
>
> I think I cancelled the first request because I thought the server was
> down.  "My" requests are those from 81.173.213.163, by the way.

Figured that out by looking at the headers in your email posts.  :)

> > Hmmmm...  Time to hit my head against the wall and try to come up with
> > what is happening....
>
> Frank said that he has fixed some bugs in sockdev.xdd.  I will try with
> a newer version of the device driver.

I may try that myself, but I will see if I can get all of the latest
Apache stuff built and if the error appears with it.  Its a LONG process.
And I also need to figure out where the PHP patch needs to be installed since the few times I built it,
I did it by hand.

Keith