Re: [MiNT] Shutdown() discussion

on 12/10/03 10:40 AM, Petr Stehlik at joy@sophics.cz wrote:

> After almost three years of development of ARAnyM we face your fear.
> Why? That just does not make sense.

One problem I see is the scope of aranym, although the name includes the
word "any" machine, I have yet to see a useable version for the mac, and
I have an up to date mac, right down to the mac osx 10.3 latest security
patch and all.  Will your reply be that I should learn to compile/fix
this for myself for the mac?  That is unacceptable really for me.  So
really aranym only functions well under linux from what I gather talking
to others who have tried the windows version.  So just how big is this
user base of linux users who use aranym?  I think you are asking to take the
kernel down a path that does not sit well with users who prefer to use the
real thing.

Personally and just like above, it's my opinion.  I'd rather see you guys
split the CVS and spin off your own "free" OS.  Then you can hack it up
as you like and not upset anyone.

--
Lonny Pursell