Re: [MiNT] Problems with apache

Hi Keith,

Keith Scroggins wrote:
If it matters, my config....

FreeMiNT 1.15.12 TOS 4.04 Falcon
68060RC @ 66Mhz (CT60, Boot 0.99g) 128 Megs Fast + 14 Megs ST
Ethernec ISA/ROM Card

guido@guidomint:/home/guido> uname -a
FreeMiNT guidomint 1.15.12 2.6 falcon mc68040
guido@guidomint:/home/guido> cat /kern/buildinfo
CC: gcc version 2.95.3 20010315 (release)
CFLAGS: -mshort -g -m68020-60 -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer
CDEFS: -DMULTITOS -DVERBOSE_BOOT -DTRAPS_PRIVATE -DCRYPTO_CODE -DONLY030 -DMMU040 -DCPU040
guido@guidomint:/home/guido> cat /kern/version
FreeMiNT version 1.15.12 (fnaumann@freemint.st.uni-magdeburg.de) (gcc version 2.95.3 20010315 (release) #1 Wed Aug 01 00:51:03 CEST 2001
guido@guidomint:/home/guido> ident /c/mint/sockdev.xdd
ident warning: no id keywords in /c/mint/sockdev.xdd
guido@guidomint:/home/guido> md5sum /c/mint/sockdev.xdd
/tmp/sockdev.xdd:
426e11525cf99a12ceb37d9ced07850f  /c/mint/sockdev.xdd

This is really a vanilla Aranym 0.8.2 beta with the latest AFROS tos image, also 14+128 MB RAM.

I have made some more tests: My original bug report referred to the Linux box hosting the Aranym VM accessing the Apache in the VM (thru the virtual tunnel device). From there I get the ~8k bytes.

When I repeat the test from MiNT locally I only get ~4k output (but again a constant figure: 4070 bytes in the body plus 125 bytes headers), no matter which interface I access (lo0 or eth0, the tunnel device), no matter which interpreter/language (Perl, C, Bash). Apache is listening on all network interfaces on multiple ports, everywhere the same behavior. Changing the MTU of the interface(s) has also no effect.

The error log is clean and ifconfig reports no packet errors for the network interfaces. If I also output everything to stderr, the complete output shows up in the error log, so this is not a general problem of Apache writing to the standard file descriptors.

Maybe somebody with a similar setup to mine can try to verify that.

Ciao

Guido
--
Imperia AG, Development