Re: [MiNT] using pexec() to load an overly

> I then mfree the memory block allocated by the overlay
> I then mfree the basepage
>
> This all works just fine with my old kernal.  Soon as I install the
> new kernel something does not get freed, or deallocated as before.  I
> am having trouble figuring out exactly why or where.
>
> I looked in the change log for the kernel and all I can find is some
> references to processes not being allowed to free their own basepage
> (malloc/mshrink) but I don't know if that is the reason or not.

Theoretically it is only illegal to free own basepage. Honestly I still
don't understand from your description why a process would need to free own
basepage, if this is the case.

--
CVV
Konrad M.Kokoszkiewicz, http://draco.atari.org

** Ea natura multitudinis est, aut seruit humiliter, aut superbe dominatur.
** Taka to juz natura pospólstwa, albo sluzalczo sie plaszczy,
** albo bezczelnie sie panoszy. (T. Liuius XXIV, 25).