[MiNT] Comments on the freemint todo.txt

 Hi all,

 I just read the latest todo, and saw that integrating some XDD's was
added. Now, is that a good idea? I'm working on a new VDI implementation,
and it is very much going to depend on XDD's. Lets take moose. I plan to
make moose a 'pointing device' driver. That is, the first version of the
'new' moose will drive the IKBD, and oVDI/XaAES read it to get pointing
device status. That means it wont hook into anything, it wont depend on
anything, it will ONLY accept mouse packets from the IKBD, interpret those
and let oVDI/XaAES know. This way, writing drivers for other pointing
devices will be very easy. I do not like the way moose works now, hooking
into the VDI in a 'dirty-hack' way. I realize that this is the only way
for moose to do things under current VDI's, but that will change. Another
argument against integrating it. Same goes for audio devices. Is there
something I've missed? Why integrate these XDDs? I think that as a rule,
NEVER integrate hardware-drivers into the kernel. Or am I wrong?

--
 Regards,

 Odd Skancke - ozk.atari.org - http://assemsoft.atari.org