Re: [MiNT] CDROM drivers, desktops

on 11/25/03 7:52 PM, Jim DeClercq at jimd@panix.com wrote:

> I am probably missing something simple. The latest version of
> Extendos arrived today, and it does what it is supposed to do,
> which is run, sort of, with MiNT. If I disable MINT.CFN, I get
> the single TOS desktop with MiNT running, and a working CD
> driver.
>
> But if I load any AES, xaaes or n_aes and its desktop, I get no
> working CD driver. I get either a tos 46 error, or a "ding" and
> no further action.
>
> This cannot be right, or someone else would have noticed it
> before.

If you launch extendos from the desktop the kernel will tell you
to set the super flag.  First thing is to do that with some tool
to tweek the file header.  I reported this to Roger sometime ago
and he still ships it set the way he does.

> Could it be that the default EasyMiNT installation is missing a
> necessary .XDD file? If so, what and where, please.

Extendos does not work with any xdd files that I know of.  I have never had
any luck starting it from the auto folder.  I simply assigned it to some
fkey and start it from the desktop when I need it.

> Yes, I have checked for conflicts, and this is not due to one of
> those.

If you can make it run from the auto folder, with the latest kernel
and init.prg, please let me know how.  It all goes fine until init.prg
starts and then the system dies.  Remove extendos, all is well again.

--
Lonny Pursell

--
Lonny Pursell    http://www.bright.net/~gfabasic/