Re: [MiNT] Now it's an XServer problem

On Tue, 12 Aug 2003, Frank Naumann wrote:

> Hello!
>
> > First, check for conflicts, with everything but NVDI disabled.
> > Still a bus error that kills X.app.
>
> The XServer don't run without NVDI (but there should be a check and the
> XServer should exit gracefully instead of crash :-))
>
> The sources are on cvs if you want to take a look.

No thanks, and for a reason. I have found that I need to print
out source code in order to understand it. That is a lot of
source code for one who is between jobs to buy paper and ink and
binders for.

> > The reason for this is that Ghostview will only install if there
> > is GhostScript already installed. It will not install if
> > GhostScript-68000 is installed. Is there an OR function in the
> > RPM dependencies? This needs fixing.
>
> Yes, this needs fixing. You can install anyway with option --nodeps. This
> disable the dependency checking.

That little bit of useful wisdom should be in
\rpm-3.0.2\rpm-m68kmint-install.txt. I made a note in my hard
copy.

Jim