Re: [MiNT] corrupted FTP transfer (Was: system freezes while cvs checkout)

On Sat, 26 Jul 2003, Jan Krupka wrote:

> I am not sure how the masquerading for IRC work in MiNT-net. What I know there
> are troubles with protocols which use different ports for each connection.
> MiNT-net writes during start something about ftp, but nothing about irc. So
> does it work correctly for IRC?

It should. Anything that doesn't open listen sockets on the client side
(that's the trouble you wrote about) :)  will work with masquerading. Ftp
(in active mode), does use listen sockets so that's why the masquerading
software provides special support for it.

For IRC this is only needed when you want to do DCC chats or transfers.
(But IIRC, there is a MiNTnet fix for this as well).  Normal chat will
work with plain masquerading though.

Maurits.