Re: [MiNT] Kernel tests

> >You can also write a small program, that launches your ROM AES, name the
> >program sh.tos, and put it inside your mint/ folder on the boot drive. This
> >is the best option, because doing so you use the ROM AES on your own risk
> >and responsibility, not ours.
>
> I get the idea. I just find it very odd that a program named sh.tos is
> loaded without being specified in any config. Doesn't make sense to me
> at all.

Simply accept the new feature as being useful for someone, even if you
yourself think it is a "nonsense".

BTW. the XFS/XDD modules are loaded without being specified in any config
too. Just FYI, these are programs as well.

> I don't really see a point with it tbh, so having it built-in by default
> seem a bit unnecessary.

You can always compile the kernel without the shell. It saves about 8k of
the kernel length, and you will have to reboot to TOS to fix your mint.cnf
INIT= line, in case it casually contains wrong path or something like
that.

CVV

--
Konrad M.Kokoszkiewicz
mail: draco@atari.org

** Ea natura multitudinis est,
** Taka to juz natura pospolstwa, ze albo sluzy ono unizenie,
** albo bezczelnie sie panoszy.