Re: [MiNT] New filesystems under plain TOS

On Mon, 14 Apr 2003, Standa Opichal wrote:

> On Sun, 13 Apr 2003, Martin Tarenskeen wrote:
>
> > I was wondering if there is a way (really or theoretically), with the help
> > of extra drivers, to have access to my ext2 and vfat partitions with long
> > filenames when running single TOS instead of FreeMiNT on my Falcon. If I
> > have understood correctly this is possible with Aranym and Betados (?).
>
> Well, yes, basically it is possible. The VFAT should not be a problem as
> there are many sources for this and it is really independent extension (I

> BTW: I see no reason to support something else than MiNT nowadays, so
> I won't be the one working on this.  It is a bit nonsense IMHO when we
> have complete, working, TOS compatible, open-source solution....

Yes, I'm using FreeMiNT on my Falcon most of the time. But there are still
a few (older and/or badly programmed) programs that only run under single
TOS.  Furthermore on my 4MB STf I will loose to much speed and free memory
when using FreeMiNT.

 --

Martin Tarenskeen