[MiNT] About Standas idea

(sorry, I lost original Standa e-mail message, so I cannot reply it)

The idea seems to be fine for me, but I think it may be a bit
enchanced.

Why not add flexbile mounting points?

Ie. by deafault kernel will mount all drives u:/somewhere/

So we could have: u:/somewhere/a, u:/somewhee/b and so on...

(symlinks to U:/a U:/b should be made by kernel on bootup
automagically to - it is important not to confues users)

And here comes the main thing:

For some special drives/devices (defined in MINT.CNF for example) we
could have other mounting point, ie:

u:/somewhere_else/c, u:/even_else/d, u:/even/combinated/e

So by defauld kernel would map all drives to u:/gemdos (and make
symlinks to u:/), and if user wants (defines in kernel) it kernel
would map it somewhere else...

This is as flexible as I can imagine, and I think, fully backward
compatibile...

Final note: changing mount point, mount/unmounti on the fly,
remount as read-only or read-write, remount/mount with special user
rights (real needo for FAT -style filesystems) should be implemented
too.

--
Semper Fidelis

Adam Klobukowski