Re: [MiNT] MintList proposal

> > > http://www.unicom.com/pw/reply-to-harmful.html
> >
> > http://www.metasystema.org/essays/reply-to-useful.mhtml
>
> Bravo Petr! ;-)
>
> BTW. I also think that the field Reply-To should be added which
> would point to the list. As pointed out by others, we loose some
> letters this way - and the 'default' and expected behaviour when
> replying on a post coming from the list is reply to the list, not
> JUST to the author of the post. If one wants to reply to the author
> only, 'any good mailer' would allow that (e.g. Pine).

I'd like to add one thing.

How many times did you wanted to reply to the post from the list
directly and only to the author? I remember only few cases like that.

How many times did you wanted to reply to the post from the list to
the list? I would heve to dig my mail arihives but it would be
something like 100+ (and counting).

We simplify things that we do often with the cost of making a bit
harder things we do rarely.

--
Semper Fidelis

Adam Klobukowski