Re: [MiNT] Future (was Re: MiNT 1.16)

Hello!

> > > Seems like giving up on virtual memory would be easier than patching all
> > > of our TOS software base :)
> >
> > I.e. we have to drop the progress in this direction and stay with bad
> > programs forever. Not good.
>
> Is it real true that virtual memory does not work when someone calls
> Super()?

There will be for sure a way, but Super() and friends complicate the
problem very, very much.

Lot of people already claim that FreeMiNT running MP is not very stable if
specific AES programs run. This is for sure related to the AES
implementation, the AES programs and the Super() problem. True virtual
memory will increase these problems I think. And without a better AES/VDI
integration virtual memory will be very hard to implement.

Tschuess
   ...Frank

--
ATARI FALCON 040 // MILAN 060