Re: [MiNT] Future (was Re: MiNT 1.16)

On Ne, 2002-11-03 at 20:29, Frank Naumann wrote:
> Lot of people already claim that FreeMiNT running MP is not very stable if
> specific AES programs run. This is for sure related to the AES
> implementation, the AES programs and the Super() problem.

Oh really? And I always thought that it was a bug in the MP. So if it's
a design issue we could perhaps try to find and isolate the specific
problematic appliactions and kill them (create replacements for them).

A list of "DO NOT RUN UNDER MP" would be great.

As for AES implementation - XaAES can be fine tuned for FreeMiNT, I
believe.

> True virtual memory will increase these problems I think.

Ah, then I don't want it.

> And without a better AES/VDI integration virtual memory will be very
> hard to implement.

Sounds like the work on better integration should have began already (10
years ago :-)

Petr