Re: [MiNT] desktop from components

on 5/7/02 3:58 PM, Konrad M. Kokoszkiewicz at draco@obta.uw.edu.pl wrote:

> On Tue, 7 May 2002 16:00:24 +0200, Thomas Binder wrote:
>
>> The problem is: How to make them faster without dropping support
>> for machines without a PMMU?
>
> The answer is: drop the support! Once and forever. ST users don't use
> MiNT anyways, they prefer MagiC because it leaves more free memory, and
> ST can only have 4 MB.

I've thought this for sometime as well.  The majority of ppl with low
memory already use magic, that is a trend.  Why not move forward as
other platforms do, streamline the kernal, drop really old code for really
old cpu's.  I would think it would also make the kernal smaller and easier
to maintain in the long run as well.

http://www.q1.net/~atari/    Lonny Pursell