Re: [MiNT] CAB OVL (?)

> > There are two bugs causing this problem together:
> >
> > 1. Most of the pages you visit, aren't kept in the cache at all, but
> > thrown out immediately after display.
>
> In fact my experience is just the opposite. CAB doesn't ever see the HTTP
> headers associated with a document, so it never sees the Cache-Control or
> Pragmas that turn caching on or off. So CAB always caches files, even when
> they should not be cached. This is certainly a bug. There is no indication
> that you're seeing an out-of-date file, so you just have to hit reload when
> you suspect something is wrong.

If so, it perhaps could be useful to make the OVL carry all the
caching, and tell users to disable the caching functions in CAB itself?
Is this possible/reasonable?

--
Konrad M.Kokoszkiewicz
draco@atari.org                             http://draco.atari.org

* Ea natura multitudinis est:  *  Taka to juz natura pospolstwa: *
* aut seruit humiliter,        *    albo sluzalczo sie plaszczy, *
* aut superbe dominatur.       *        albo bezczelnie panoszy. *
                     (T. Liuius XXIV, 25)