Re: [MiNT] gcc-3.0 patch available

Hi

Xavier Joubert wrote:

> Hello François,
>
> Francois Le_Coat/mailaxis a écrit:
> > You're not. The -mshort option is not obsolete at all. I
> > mainly use that flag for portability purpose with PURE C.
>
> Yes, -mshort is present for compiling badly written C programs with GCC.

There are many ways you can write a program badly.
I dont think using a standard type that is part of the language can be considered
bad in general.

I think it is more a question of bad luck.
We Pure C users are the suckers of course. :-)

> I would suggest you to correct your code so compiling with or without
> -mshort lead to the same results.

The best thing to do is: when still only compiled with Pure C, replace ALL
int by short. This is a safe operation and can be done fast.
As soon as you have compiled with gcc, never use Pure C again
on that particular source. This to prevent new declarations of int that might
be added to the source afterwards to become ambiguous.

(Sorry Xavier, this was really meant for the mint list)

--
Groeten; Regards.
Henk Robbers.    mailto:h.robbers@chello.nl