Re: [MiNT] XaAES / GEM memory issues

> > And you don't seem to understand that the flag's concept is about to be
> > abandoned, and not subjected a further development.
>
> Sorry, but what is "about to be abandoned"? week? a month? Six months? 5
> years?  If the flag will be gone tomorrow, then sure, waste time, but I
> got the impression that it wouldn't be gone until an AES that didn't need
> it suddenly appears, which I would guess is probabley -over- six months
> away, in which case, why not spend 5 minutes to add the code?  (am I
> missing something here?)

Regardless of "when" it will be removed, programmers should know that it
is not to be used. Adding more functionality would quasi-legalize this and
simultaneously would be a "green light" allowing to use it without any
warnings. So here is a warning: the F_OS_SPECIAL feature is still present,
but some day it will be made optional, and yet some day it will
disappear. No new developments should rely on it. Clearer now?

--
Konrad M.Kokoszkiewicz
mail: draco@atari.org

** Ea natura multitudinis est,
** Taka to juz natura pospolstwa, ze albo sluzy ono unizenie,
** albo bezczelnie sie panoszy.