Re: [MiNT] XaAES / GEM memory issues

> The AES uses dev/mouse and dev/console for input
> The trap handler is a loadable module that sends the commands to:
> The server, which still runs in user mode. The server handles the window and
> client database, and replies back to the command pipe.
>
> Context switching is good in a multitasking environment. :-)

Yes, I agree. I can't see why Sven sees context switches as such a
problem. The only problematic thing is that the MiNT's scheduling timer
granularity is quite low (max 25 context switches per second, correct me
if I am wrong). So perhaps, before anything else, we should increase the
granularity to at least 50 context switches per second, and just then
start to complain that IPC is slow... :-)

> What is left is the handling of the object tree and the parameter block.
> The object tree handling can be put in public code.
>
> Reading and filling out the parameterblock is still a problem.

Your analyzis is perfect. I can add more: the last problem you mentioned
is unsolvable without a serious redesign of the AES layer (which means
that the traditional concept should be just thrown out to the trashcan,
and we start with something else; according to Vincent, oAESis guys
already work on it).

--
Konrad M.Kokoszkiewicz
mail: draco@atari.org

** Ea natura multitudinis est,
** Taka to juz natura pospolstwa, ze albo sluzy ono unizenie,
** albo bezczelnie sie panoszy.