[MiNT] MiNTNet and PPP Daemon

Hi!

I know I'm probably doing something wrong, but I can't get the latest
versions of PPP daemon and MiNTNet downloaded from the SpareMiNT web
page to work.  The chat session completes successfully, which tells me
I'm using the right TTY port. But when the pppd attempts to send an LCP
message, no modem lights blink.  A time-out occurs after nine attempts,
and the modem is disconnected.

I'm writing this at work (since I obviously cannot write it from my Atari :).
I was using pppd 2.2.0 before, with a KGMD MiNTNet installation.  My MiNT
kernel is about eight or so months old (don't recall the version).

I made sure all the rc.* scripts are calling the new MiNT functions.  I
replaced the socket.xdd and slip.xif in C:\MULTITOS\ with the new ones.

So what have I done wrong?

Thanks,
Michael
White