Re: AW: AW: [MiNT] tosfs

> > Anyways, list members, from the discussion I understand
> > that there are no objections against TOSFS removal.
>
> Excuse me, but, is there defragmentation/restoration tools
> *that works* with NEWFAT filesystem ? There are none that
> I know. I'm a developper, and working with NEWFAT is not
> aloud for me. I wouldn't be able to recover from a damage
> disk. Do you know "Diamon Edge" or "Chekdisk 3" ? There
> both not working with NEWFAT. My opinion is made on the
> subject. But do what you want, but I will not follow you
> further !

Nope, both programs you mentioned work perfectly with NEWFATFS, they just
do not recognize VFAT entries, but to work this around you don't need
TOSFS, you just disable VFAT. The Diamond Edge additionally does not work
on disks with large clusters (>= 32768 bytes) but this will also fail on
TOSFS.

Next please :)

--
Konrad M.Kokoszkiewicz
mail: draco@atari.org

** Ea natura multitudinis est,
** Taka to juz natura pospolstwa, ze albo sluzy ono unizenie,
** albo bezczelnie sie panoszy.