Re: [MiNT] broken LD

Hello!

> "I tried copying crt0.o to all 3 possibles lib paths, but LD
> still cannot find it.  I thought it might be a corrupted binary,
> so I replaced the RPM, but it's still no good. What could could
> cause this? Any help is welcome."

As the search of crt0.o has nothing todo with the linker it's useless to
try to replace the linker.

> > > Martin, do you figured out the main problem until now?
>
> It is GCC ports compiled without the correct paths or filenames.
> All GCC ports should always support:
>
> /lib /usr/lib /usr/local/lib /usr/m68k-atari-mint/lib
>
> ...for the libraries, and:

Sorry, but this is incorrect.

> /usr/lib/gcc-lib/(version) /usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/(version)
> /usr/m68k-atari-mint/lib/gcc-lib/(version)
>
> ...for specs and cpp.  Unfortunately, there are ports that use
> and expect other paths, or support a few of those.

Incorrect to. It depends on how the compiler is configured and compiled.

Default relocation is /usr/local.

> Here, what finally worked are 2.7.2.3 and 2.8.1c by Christian,
> which specifically want /usr/lib/gcc-lib (neither like
> /usr/local/lib/gcc-lib) and egcs 2.91.66 by Frank which wants
> /usr/local/lib/gcc-lib (and does not see /usr/lib/gcc-lib).

Right, my egcs and 2.8.1 are relocated to /usr/local as /usr is reserved
for rpm maintained packages.

But at least the startup modul search has nothing todo with the relocation
of the gcc.

Do you checked your environment?

Tschuess
   ...Frank