Re: [MiNT] virtual memory

> > True enough, but with 4 GB I don't think you'll fragment that any
> > time soon.  At least not to a point where it's unusable.
>
> It fragment faster as we can think :-) After some uptime it's fragmented
> the same way.

Yep, it just takes longer before the fragmentation becomes a problem.
Apart from that, correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems to me that when
you resolve fragmentation this way (one huge address space), bits of
allocated memory will be spread across the 4GB space which means you'll
be swapping all the time even though you're not actually using as much
RAM as you physically have. Or am I imagining this wrong?

Maurits.

--

Few women admit their age. Few men act theirs.