Re: [MiNT] MiNT-Net + GEM + Newsgroups?

Hi kellis, on 16 Apr 00 you said:

 >> The question is in the title: What does exist to read/write the
 >> newsgroups under GEM with MiNT-Net?

 k> aMail will do.

Thanks a lot, I read the docs and discovered the "hidden" features... Hidden
for the ones who don't read the docs.  ;-)

 >> Wait a minute! What the name of that thing, that "gateway" to use STing
 >> clients with MiNT-Net?

 k> gluestik. in which case you can use newsie, firestorm and such.

Now that I know that aMail is able to handle newsgroups aswell as mailing
lists, I need nothing more. I prefer not to add another layer in the middle of
my setup.

 >> Well, I change my question: What do you guys (and girl) use under GEM to
 >> read and write in the newsgroups? What is the best?

 k> I personally use PINE in TOSWIN for news. It is not GEM per se, but I
 k> choose what client to use, I don't look GEM vs cli. I just take
    [---SNIP---]

I know what a cli is... I'm using NOS right now (the text-only version). But
NOS has a few problems: It's incompatible with MiNT-Net; I always have to
choose between surfing/ftp-ing (with aFTP) and managing e-mail/news and I can
do nothing while NOS is working. And the worst problem is that the author is
about to drop the development, beside that I don't like the GEM way the author
has recently followed.

See you later,

--
Remi Villatel