Re: [MiNT] timezone change

On Thu, Mar 30, 2000 at 08:51:14AM +0200, Jo Even Skarstein wrote:

> TOS has one or two RTCs, depending on hardware. IIRC all TOS-versions has
> a RTC which is usually in the keyboard-processor (I don't know how it
> works on the Milan or Hades). This is - IIRC - the one used by TOS for all
> time-functions. It doesn't have a battery, so TOS must refresh it from the
> battery-clock (if available) at each cold-boot.

Um - not quite. If a RTS is present, the IKBD clock is never used by TOS (
at least 1.04 and newer versions, not sure about older ones), so the
solution would be to run the RTC in UTC and convert to localtime in the
XBIOS get/set time calls.

I am not sure if that works from the auto folder - it depends on the fact if
Gemdos calls XBIOS via the trap or via a direct call in the ROM (which you
can't intercept).

cu
Michael
--
Michael Schwingen, Ahornstrasse 36, 52074 Aachen