Re: [MiNT] New MiNT distribution is [long]

On Mon, 21 Feb 2000, Martin-Éric Racine wrote:

> On 2000-2-21, Stefan Berndtsson <stefan@nocrew.org> wrote:
>
> > I do not understand what is so hard to understand about the
> > fact that I claim: "Linux has better support than MiNT
>
> Because not everything is released in source code.

Oh no, is that really true?
The only driver(s) for linux that I have seen, that come as binary, are
those for some sound cards, they are however commercial and not made by
the manufacturers of the cards, so they do not count.

There are certainly specific cases of other things aswell, SB live being
one example and 3dfx another, they wanted to keep the secret about their
hardware and/or api although, those drivers are available as source now.

What drivers are needed for MiNT that are only available in linux-i386
binary form?

/daniel