Re: [MiNT] serial driver announcement

Hello!

> Sometimes it appears to work fine, for example I can talk to my modem with
> minicom and there is no problem. However as soon as I try to run uucp, ppp
> or vgetty on my modem port I run into problems where the program seems to
> wait forever on input, never seeing the input that was actually received
> from the modem.
>
> Further investigation suggests that reads of a single byte work ok, but
> reading multiple bytes is what causes the hang up.

Can't follow that. I tested here nullmodem connections through HSMODEM
programs and pppd. pppd work perfectly fine here.

Are you sure you have the v0.11 of the scc driver? Do you use the ttyS*
termianl devices for the unix applications?

> Let me know if I can do anything more specific to narrow down the problem.

Do you have HSMINF? You can monitor with these program the CTS and CD
line.

What happens if you disable RTS/CTS?

Tschuess
   ...Frank