RE: [MiNT] CLI cdplayer

On Sun, 7 Nov 1999, Julian Reschke wrote:

> > 1)  typing /drive/track??.prg or exec /drive/track??.prg
> >     kills the shell thru which you just typed the command.
>
> if it crashes something I would say that MiNT or the shell
> have a problem. It certainly used to work properly some time
> ago.

I tried it with all the shells I have:  tcsh 6.05 (KGMD), zsh
(Yves Pelletier), bash (1.17 KGMD, 2.02 Mikko, 2.03 RPM) and it
crashes the shell on all counts.

> > 2)  it still isn't a proper way to selectively control the cd,
> >     change track, fast forward, etc. like a proper cdplayer app.
>
> Agreed.
>
> So go ahead and write a proper one. The MetaDOS IOCTLs are
> documented in cdbind01.zoo, available through my homepage.

Oh, good.  Lemme see...

Martin-Éric Racine            The Atari Stacy and TT030 Homepage
Lappeenranta, Finland          http://members.tripod.com/~TT030/
   "When the time comes, I will know and I shall be."  Q-Funk