Re: [MiNT] NFS problem

Hallo!

> On Thu, Nov 04, 1999 at 03:33:17AM +0200, Martin-Eric Racine wrote:
> > Both are MiNT machines.
>
> Sorry, I got that "Linux NFS server" wrong. Anyway, is it really a port
> of the Linux server?

Done by Torsten or Bernd, a while back.  Download:
http://capybara.sk-pttsc.lj.edus.si/yescrew/bin/nfs-server-mint.tar.gz

> > Then, login as q-funk on the Stacy, it brings me to /home/q-funk
> > (as expected) which was previously mounted from the TT, as above.
>
> You seem to have indirectly answered my question (is it so hard
> to do it directly?),

It is, when the question is phrased strangely.

> i.e. you do not work as root when you encounter the problem.

Correct.
The /home hierarchy is mounted by root, but accessed by users.

> Have you looked at what MiNT's debugging output says in that
> case, and if so, what messages does it spit out?

I never run MiNT in debug mode.  Anyhow, Frank's kernels
are compiled without it, nowadays, so that voids it.

Syslog reports nothing unusual.

Martin-Éric Racine            The Atari Stacy and TT030 Homepage
Lappeenranta, Finland          http://members.tripod.com/~TT030/
   "When the time comes, I will know and I shall be."  Q-Funk