Re: [MiNT] Security again

Hi,

> MER>Off-topic, but what is TraPatch?
> TraPatch is a kind of driver to hook into single OS functions instead of a
> whole trap (for more details see my homepage).
> It's the thing Frank encouraged me to integrate it into the kernel and which
> he later silently rejected after it was part of beta 1.15.3 and most of the
> work was done

Well, in my personal opinion, this should be consulted with the list (i.e.
the removal of the Trapatch functions). Knowing Frank, I guess he had a
good reason to do it, but doing such a silent reject is not too polite, I
must admit. At the other hand, the kernel maintainer maintains the kernel,
and may not have time/skills to be a public relations agency...

--
Konrad M.Kokoszkiewicz
|mail: draco@atari.org                  |  Atari Falcon030 user   |

** Ea natura multitudinis est,
** U pospolstwa normalne jest, ze albo sluzy ono unizenie,
** albo bezczelnie sie panoszy.