Re: FW: [MiNT] Best CAB.OVL for MiNT-Net? (fwd)

On Wed, Oct 20, 1999 at 03:32:28PM +0200, Petr Stehlik wrote:
> > If you have a Mach64 gfx card, you might not make my tools work,
>
> I don't know how Mach64 is addressed on Hades but on Afterburner we have
> to set the address space of Mach registers to a certain state - something
> like Serialized, Write Through or something like that.

Nocache, serialized (which is the same setting and functionality as nocache,
precise on the 68060). It is generally a good idea to set this on *all* IO
regions - otherwise, the 68040 may reorder eg. read/write/read-sequences
into read/read/write, which may have a completely different result if the
write changes the behaviour of the second read.

cu
Michael
--
Michael Schwingen, Ahornstrasse 36, 52074 Aachen