[MiNT] bash new version

Hello Guido.

I think ozk and I have spotted a bug in bash:
GNU bash, version 2.03.2(1)-release (m68k-atari-mint)

Interactively it seems to work very well.

When use in scripts, it seems it has problem with if [ (or if [[ )

It seems that within [ $var ]  var never gets expanded correctly

As in:

if [[ -f /etc/rc.net ]]

This will return that it is a file. so correct.

But if:
outfile="/etc/rc.net"
echo $outfile  (this DOES return correctly /etc/rc.net from the script)
if [[ -f $outfile ]]

This will always fail.

Note: Tried with all the standards, like:
if [ -f "$outfile" ]
if [[ -f $outfile ]]
if [[ -f "$outfile" ]]
if [[ -f ${outfile} ]]
if [ -f ${outfile} ]]

None work correctly.
Only way to get that working is to change the shell for the scripting.

#!/bin/ash   (the old kgmd one)   this will work.

Anyway, any idea, any clue?

Thanks.