Re: [MiNT] bash new version

> I think ozk and I have spotted a bug in bash:
> GNU bash, version 2.03.2(1)-release (m68k-atari-mint)
>
> When use in scripts, it seems it has problem with if [ (or if [[ )
> Only way to get that working is to change the shell for the scripting.
>
> #!/bin/ash   (the old kgmd one)   this will work.

I have noticed the problem with every Bash version since 2.xx, which is
why SH is ASH here as well.

Similarly, none of the Bash 2.xx work with SSHD on MiNT; after the
password is accepted, Bash is started then stalls on "stop" so I had
to revert to using Bash 1.14.x since I need to access my TT by remote.

Regarding SSH/SSHD, several of us are investigating this; hopefully
we will soon figure it out and fix our MiNT port.

--
Martin-Eric Racine            http://pp.fishpool.fi/~q-funk/M-E/
The ATARI TT030 Homepage       http://funkyware.atari.org/TT030/