Re: [MiNT] bash new version

On Tue, Sep 07, 1999 at 09:11:44AM +0300, Martin-Eric Racine wrote:
> > > Similarly, none of the Bash 2.xx work with SSHD on MiNT; after the
> > > password is accepted, Bash is started then stalls on "stop" so I had
> > > to revert to using Bash 1.14.x since I need to access my TT by remote.
> > >
> > > Regarding SSH/SSHD, several of us are investigating this; hopefully
> > > we will soon figure it out and fix our MiNT port.
> >
> > I think this is already fixed in the Sparemint version of bash.
>
> Definitely not, neither the plain one nor the mbaserel.
>
> Has nothing to do with task suspension either.
> Bash just plain dies there, at startup, when initiated through
> SSH.

What do you mean by "die"?  Freezes or crashes?

Two possible reasons come to my mind:  Either the environment is
no good for MiNT (UNIXMODE?) or ssh messes around with the signal mask in
a way that bash doesn't like.

Anyway, I cannot help there a lot.  Building bash on my TT takes several
hours and it leaves no memory for any debugging games.  I hope there is
somebody else who can take care of the problem.

Ciao

Guido
--
http://stud.uni-sb.de/~gufl0000/