Re: [MiNT] MiNTLib 0.52.3b

Hi!

On Thu, Aug 05, 1999 at 03:06:33PM +0200, Andreas Schwab wrote:
> That won't fail, because it always follows symlink (only test -[Lh]
> won't).

Well, I had systems (or better: shells, as test is usally built-in)
were test -d did _not_ work when the tested object was a link to a
directory.

> But "ls .." will list the physical parent, not the logical.

That's true, but how often is this a real problem, especially when
talking about $HOME? Or would you rather prefer having 5000 home
directories on one filesystem (or one single filesystem for each),
instead of using (amd and) symlinks?

Ciao

Thomas

--