Re: [MiNT] MiNTLib 0.52.3b

Martin-Eric Racine <q-funk@pp.fishpool.com> writes:

|> > Symlinks are evil.  Suppose you have "mounted" d: on /usr and e: on
|> > /usr/spool.  You are in /usr/spool.  You type "ls -l ..".  What do you
|> > get?
|>
|> In my case, all /home directories are on H, except /home/ftp is on F
|> and /home/www on W, but same problem.  If I list from /home/ftp, do I
|> get the content of /home or the content of /f where FTP is from?

You get the contents of the directory the corresponds to the physical view
of your tree, not the logical view.  Another bad thing: if $HOME =
/home/foobar then $HOME != $(cd; pwd).

Andreas.

--
Andreas Schwab                                  "And now for something
schwab@suse.de                                   completely different."