RE: [MiNT] kernel development

Yes, but don't invent new calls where a new opcode to an existing call is
just fine. I would opcode creep.

> even make sense to have a kernel regex or printf call because the kernel
> is the only shared lib we have and this strategy saves memory, both
> permanent and volatile.

In fact in the case of regexp it doesn't save any memory out of the box as
the kernel doesn't need regexp, right?

Funny enough I am planning to ship a shared library regexp with my next
release of the MetaDOS shared library loader. Unfortunately we *still* don*t
have shared libraries in the kernel, though they would by MUCH more
important then having hostname support, right?