[MiNT] gcc egcs to compile ttydev?

Can anyone compile the ttydev package with a recent gcc?

Also, mpcrel not supported by gcc? can it be change by another swtch that
wll do the same?

Can anyone compile pine 4.1 simply?
as in: build mnt
Don't work.

I have also noticed that on some port, configure will see have_unistd
But the package doesn't compile fine with it, have to comment it out.

Are our ncurse, termcap, terminfo libs really working right out the box?

Always missing some function, calls.
Is anyone trying to port things or am I the only one trying?

So far I got flex down, zlib, add-1.0, latest cal, ncftp 2.4.3, vtree.
But:
ninja (irc client) can not compile,
playmid-2.4 forget about it,
screen 3.7.6 same.
rpm, missing too many things and libs.
pine 4.1 just doesn't want to.
zed, forget about it.
Can't even compile latest cab.ovl.
ee (easy edit) same, can't compile.
nct, same.

All those are supposed to meet the MiNT requirements text mode, not using
shared libs, or special features etc, yet I can't.
What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.